Monday, February 04, 2008

Anna's washers



Enlarge for detail

At last I have made a card for Anna using her washers.
I am worried that it has disappeared on its way to Devizes from Muscat, it was sent some time ago... I hope you can reassure me Anna.

To make this card I simply put my hand into the box of everything. Which is a box containing all the clippings and left over bits of fabric from many months of work. I pulled out a selection and although I thought they were lovely they were all from a certain period of work - mental note to mix up the bits in the box more... And so I created the card for you Anna. I enjoyed doing this card - it was therapeutic. And what is more I was pleased with it... hope you are too.

When photographing the card I discovered a lovely play of light from the shadows created by a net which add to the design. Hope you like that too. Photographing my work I have found adds a new dimension to the textiles which might produce a whole new body of work by printing out the images onto canvas.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Karin - thanks the card arrived on Saturday and I blogged about it yesterday. IT is lovely. I agree about the light etc everywhere I placed it to take a pic for my blog it looked so different - I JUST LOVE IT! It has also inspired me to offer another challenge with more washers or buttons this time!!