Wednesday, March 01, 2006

fishing line felt surfaces




Here we have a 'cup' of felt enclosing a mesh of threads and fabrics, and the outer surface contains frayed fabric squares and in one area at least the surface has been beaded. It gives the impression of an eye or an open mouth.

I begin to think that what I want to make is a(small) diorama - or a deep sea environment... a ground surface on which creatures are crawling about. This could be seen as a museum or school exhibit to get the students/viewers thinking about what life could be like in some seemingly inhospitable parts of the planet.

If I manage this then it would be possible to make these as models which could still be useful even if they are delicate.

2 comments:

Got Needle said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Got Needle said...

Test comment