
I have studied deep sea organisms (Google search), DVD of life in the deep and creations from Sci Fi films as well as early marine organisms from The Burgess Shale - a rock formation in Canada.
Having all this swooning in my head I then made some models.
They are the stuff of nightmares.
Although small, I will scale them up maybe by 100%
Now i am making some samples of 'fabric' using bubble wrap.
It is an ideal medium to represent tissue such as would occur in these marine creatures where light hardly exists.
The colours I ought to use - parallelling the absorbtion of light at increasing ocean depths to 4000m are:- colourless, black, charcoal, with a little red or blue (I thought I would use flourescent green but I have gone back on that having heard D. Attenborough theories on light!) and I would like to add gold for fun!
I want to incorporate fibre optics too... that is on the back burner for now.
As for you seeing source images, I think that is not appropriate on the blog as many are taken from the web and are copyrighted. I hope to show you my file at Urchfont instead.
No comments:
Post a Comment